A lot happens when you're searching for an apartment but today I want to help you prepare for your move.
Preparing for your move
At least one month prior to move:
1. Begin cleaning out anything which will not be making the move. Think about donating your unwanteds, and get a receipt for
2. Create a complete inventory of all items which will be going with you.
3. Find a reputable mover (ask your broker for a vendor they might recommend).
4. Confirm with the appropriate parties at your new location your moving schedule. Verify any moving documentation that may
need to be sent over before your arrival.
5. Notify your security company, gardner, pool service, bottled water vendor, or any other regularly scheduled service company
of your vacating date. Be sure to re-establish the services you will need in your new location.
6. Notify your local post office, magazine publications, and other providers who send you mail of your change of address and
date of move.
7. Arrange to collect any deposits you may have put down on a rental or utilities.
8. Check your current insurance coverage. If your policy is transferable, you will want to coordinate with your provider so
there is no lap in coverage. If it is not you will want to secure a new policy for your new home.
9. Ask your present physician(s) for referrals in your new location. Be sure to obtain copies of, or transfer your medical
records and any prescriptions you may need.
10. If you have children, be sure to get copies of, or have transferred, any school records you may need.
If you have a pet, check with your veterinarian regarding any travel preparation necessary, and obtain copies of any health
Click here to read all moving tips.